Information related to the Southern Baptist Convention's recently adopted Resolution #9 "On Critical Race Theory and Intersectionality" is linked below for your awareness and information:
- Resolution #9 text (full text of the resolution adopted at June 2019 Convention)
- Tom Ascol's report from the Convention on Resolution #9 (provides context for the development, revisions and passage of the resolution)
- Al Mohler's June 14, 2019 Briefing on Critical Race Theory and the SBC resolution (analysis and overview, listen at Part III)
- Video of Neil Shenvi's NOBTS presentation "Christianity and Critical Theory" (Critical Theory defined and contrasted with the Christian worldview)
- Transcript of Shenvi presentation
A resolution has traditionally been defined as an expression of opinion or concern, as compared to a motion, which calls for action. A resolution is not used to direct an entity of the SBC to specific action other than to communicate the opinion or concern expressed. Resolutions are passed during the annual Convention meeting.